The Save Sight Registries is one of the most advanced ophthalmic registries in the world, and is a unique platform for tracking eye disease, interventions and patient outcomes. Its sophisticated design delivers real-world evidence on the risks and benefits of current and new treatments for ocular conditions. This information helps clinicians provide safe, cost-effective and evidence-based solutions for vision impairment and avoidable blindness. The Save Sight Registries also promotes international scientific research aimed at developing strategies for reducing the incidence of blindness throughout the world.
The Save Sight Registries is an initiative of the Save Sight Institute, in collaboration with the University of Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital.
- We provide clinicians with training and support for using the system
- Clinicians enter anonymised data on treatments and outcomes collected at patient visits
- Our software automatically generates graphs that display individual patient journeys
- Clinicians generate reports that summarise outcomes for their patients and other clinicians’ patients
- We coordinate and publish analyses of the real-world data captured in the system
- Clinicians are acknowledged for their contributions, and may be invited to co-author publications that include their data
- Patients and clinicians benefit from new knowledge gained on a range of ocular conditions